Lone workers represent a significant portion of the workforce with approximately 25 – 49 million employed lone workers worldwide. It seems to be a surprisingly large number at first glance, but a closer look shows that if you examine the broad range of industries that are encompassed along with the various work situations that can arise, the numbers highlight the number of workers at risk and the significant potential cost to employers if those workers are hurt or injured.
Cost of Lost-Time Injury
• It costs the world’s employers $1.25 trillion USD in lost-time injuries yearly.
• On average, it costs an employer $85,000 CAD yearly after a lone worker is injured on the job (this includes compensation, benefits, lost productivity, re-hiring and training)
• It is estimated that for every health and safety program implemented to protect lone workers saves $4-6 CAD for every dollar invested.
• It is estimated that every two minutes a lone worker is injured on the job (this includes minor injuries like paper cuts, major injuries like broken bones, and fatalities)
As a result, there is an emerging urgency for employers to find innovative ways to provide a higher level of security that goes beyond the introduction of a new piece of technology and is more than just an app.
CHECKMATE Working Alone is a proactive, automated communications service designed to check on people who are working alone. It’s a simple-to-use, flexible, cost-effective solution for employee safety.
• It’s simple to use. CHECKMATE places a call to the lone worker according to the schedule that you provide, and control. If that call goes unanswered, an alarm is immediately triggered in our Emergency Monitoring Centre and one of our trained and certified operators coordinates the appropriate emergency response.
• No hardware or software to purchase. CHECKMATE is a service, and all your employees need is a telephone – landline, cell phone, smartphone or satellite phone.
• 24/7 monitoring. Our Emergency Monitoring Centre operates around the clock and both our operators, and our facility, have met or exceeded the highest level of certification available in the industry.
• Trained professionals. All our operators must undergo rigorous training and education to qualify to work in ProTELEC’s Emergency Monitoring Centre, certified ‘Five Diamond’ by the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA), an organization whose mandate is to maintain the highest standards of excellence in the North American alarm industry.
• Advanced technology. Our Emergency Monitoring Centre is ULC-listed to confirm that it meets demanding requirements for architectural and physical security features as well as emergency power, computer hardware and software. In addition to ensuring the calls are made and receipt of the calls is confirmed, CHECKMATE can also provide an audit trail of all the calls and outcomes for your records. Weekly reports can be sent directly to you or accessed through our secure website.
To arrange for your Free Assessment and Free 15-Day Trial, please contact us.